This page refers to the Projectile screen that, in the GECK, is found under Special Effects --> Projectile, not the Projectiles page found under Items --> Ammo --> Projectiles.
- ID: Unique identifier for this form.
- Name: Display name.
- Projectile Type:
|Missile||Projectile used for bullets or rockets...anything that travels in a straight line|
|Lobber||Projectile used for grenades, rocks, mines...anything that is lobbed and can bounce around|
|Beam||Projectile used for energy/beam weapons, will instantly hit regardless of projectile speed|
|Flame||Projectile for fire-based weapons like the Flamer. Flame projectiles are not stopped by striking an actor but otherwise behave like missiles.|
- Art File: The name of the file that contains the 3D art for this projectile.
- Light: Also possibly used for enhancements.
- Default Weapon Source:
- Supersonic: - If checked, the sound emanates from the point of the projectile's path closest to the listener (Think bullets whizzing by your head). If unchecked, the sound emmiter follows the projectile around until it is destroyed (Think rockets flying through the air).
- Unlabeled sound button: The name of the sound file to play as projectile flies by. Click the button to bring up the sound picker.
- Sound Level: Volume of sound (Loud, Normal, Silent). Used in detection calculations.
- Speed: Velocity of the projectile.
- Gravity: How much gravity has an effect on the projectile.
- Range: Maximum distance the projectile will fire (or be tracked).
- Impact Force: Sets the strength of the force of the projectile.
- Tracer Chance: The probability that a projectile object will be drawn to screen (So player can follow the bullets' trajectories).
- Fade Duration: How long the projectile (typically a beam) will be visible on screen.
- Muzzle Flash: If checked, a light will appear at the tip of the weapon when fired.
- Light: Editor ID of light object to be used.
- Unlabelled Filename: Filename for muzzle flash special effect.
- Duration: How short the flash occurs for.
- Explosion: If checked, projectile can cause an Explosion.
- Type: Editor ID of explosion that occurs.
- Trigger on Impact: If selected, explosion occurs when projectile makes impact.
- Alt. Trigger: If selected, explosion does not necessarily occur when projectile makes impact.
- Timer: The time that must transpire before explosion occurs.
- Proximity: How close a target must be for the explosion to occur.
- Countdown Sound: Selects the sound file that plays while the timer is running.
- Hitscan: If checked, the projectile will instantly ray-trace whether the target is impacted or not without performing in-flight collision detection and ballistic simulation. The damage will still be delayed according to the projectile speed versus the distance to the target.
- Can be Disabled: This is used for projectiles that can be deactivated, such as mines.
- Disable Sound: Selects the sound file that plays when a projectile is disabled.
- Can be Picked Up: If checked, projectile can be picked up by player character.
- Crit Effect: Pins Limbs: If a projectile dismembers a limb this will enable it to be pinned to surfaces.
- Pass Through Small Transparent: Enables the projectile to pass through the Small Transparent collision layer (objects like a chain link fence).
- Add Destruction Data: Button used to add destructible stages to projectile.
- If Gravity is non-zero and Hitscan is false, the 3D projectile will be simulated in game at all times, rather than just in VATS.
- Regardless of the Hitscan setting, full ballistic flight modelling is always performed in VATS.