Quest Stages Tab
Setting a quest stage (see SetStage) starts the quest (if it is not currently running) and evaluates the conditions on each of the stage items. Each stage item whose conditions evaluate to true runs its result script.
- Index: Each stage has an index number from 0 to 255.
- Quest Stage Items: Each stage can have 1 or more "stage items", which are used to run result scripts. Multiple stage items are often conditionalized so that only one actually runs when a stage is set.
Quest Stage Items:
When a quest stage is set using the SetStage script command, each quest stage item may be applied: if it passes the specified conditions, the Result Script is run.
- Log Entry: This text can be used for documentation purposes. It is never displayed in the game.
- Result Script: These script commands are run when the stage item is applied.
- Conditions: The conditions must be true for the quest stage item to be applied. Note that most reference functions are invalid when attached to a quest stage, since the stage is not a reference. Note also that "Run on Target" is invalid for conditions attached to quest stages. When setting a variable in a script as a condition, the variable must be changed before SetStage is called.
- Complete Quest: If this box is checked, setting this stage will move the quest from the active to completed portions of the player's journal. Note that a completed quest can still be running.
- Next quest: If "Complete Quest" is checked, a dropdown list of quests becomes available to select the Next quest. The selected quest will automatically become the player's active quest.
- Export Quest Stages: All the text and conditions of quest stages can be exported to a text file.